Prof. Dr. Zhenggan Zhou obtained his BSc and PhD in Mechanical Manufacturing at the Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, P. R. China in 1987 and 1992 respectively. He was promoted as an associate professor in 1995 and a full professor in 2002 at the Beihang University. Dr. Zhou now leads a team consisting of 4 Research fellows and 8 PhD students in the area of Ultrasonic Testing. He has obtained research funds from National Natural Science Foundation of China, Chinese government and industries. He maintains diverse and active research in the area of Ultrasonic C-Scan, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing, Air-coupled Ultrasonic Testing, Laser Ultrasonic Testing, Infrared Thermal Wave Testing, Material Characterization with Ultrasonic, etc. He has been rewarded the Second Class Prize of Science and Technology Progress by Ministry of Astronautics, China in 1994. He has published over 150 papers in Chinese or English in the above areas. A list of key references is included at the bottom of the page. He is a Vice Chairman of the Chinese Society of Nondestructive Testing.
1. Li, Honggang, Zhou Zhenggan. Air-coupled ultrasonic signal processing method for detection Stomata defects in materials. NDT & E INTERNATIONAL, 92:167-176, 2017.08.
2. Sun Guangkai, Qu Daoming, Zhou Zhou, Zhenggan. Detection of interfacial debonding in epoxy resin-bonded lead-steel structure using laser ultrasonics. MATERIALS TESTING, 59(9): 755-762, SEP 2017.
3. Li, Honggang, Zhou Zhenggan. Air-Coupled Ultrasonic Signal Processing Method for Detection of Lamination Defects in Molded Composites. JOURNAL OF NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION, 36(3), SEP 2017.
4. Li, Honggang, Zhou Zhenggan. Application of P4 Polyphase codes pulse compression method to air-coupled ultrasonic testing systems. ULTRASONICS, 78:57-69, JUL 2017
5. Sun Guangkai, Zhou Zhenggan. Ultrasonic imaging of particle distribution in SiCp/Al composites. MATERIALS TESTING, 59(2):166-171, FEB 2017
6. Zhang Kuanshuang, Zhou Zhenggan, Ma Liyin. Research on a laser ultrasound method for testing the quality of a nuclear radiation protection structure. MEASUREMENT SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 28(2), FEB 2017
7. Zhang Kuanshuang, Zhou Zhenggan, Ma Liyin. Characterization of disbonds in a nuclear radiation protection structure using laser ultrasonics. JOURNAL OF ADHESION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 31(11):1264-1278, 2017
8. Sun Guangkai, Zhou Zhenggan. Characterization of delaminations in composite laminates by laser ultrasonics. MATERIALS TESTING, 58(10):877-886, 2016
9. Sun Guangkai, Zhou Zhenggan. Non-contact detection of delamination in layered anisotropic composite materials with ultrasonic waves generated and detected by lasers. OPTIK, 127(16):6424-6433, 2016
10. Sun Guangkai, Zhou Zhenggan, Li Guangkai, Zhou Wenbin. Development of an optical fiber-guided robotic laser ultrasonic system for aeronautical composite structure testing. OPTIK, 127(12):5135-5140, 2016
11. Zhang Kuanshuang, Zhou Zhenggan, Zhou Jianghua, Sun Guangkai. Characteristics of laser ultrasound interaction with multi-layered dissimilar metals adhesive interface by numerical simulation. APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 353:284-290, OCT 30 2015
12. Zhou Zhenggan, Zhang Kuanshuang, Zhou Jianghua, Sun Guangkai, Wang Jie. Application of laser ultrasonic technique for non-contact detection of structural surface-breaking cracks. OPTICS AND LASER TECHNOLOGY, 73:173-178, OCT 2015
13. Ma Baoquan, Zhou Zhenggan, Zhao Hanxue, Zhang Dongmei, Liu Weiping. Characterisation of inclusions and disbonds in honeycomb composites using non-contact non-destructive testing techniques. INSIGHT, 57(9):499-507, SEP 2015
14. Zhang Kuanshuang, Zhou Zhenggan, Zhou Jianghua. Application of laser ultrasonic method for on-line monitoring of friction stir spot welding process. APPLIED OPTICS, 54(25):7483-7489, SEP 1 2015
15. Zhou Zhenggan, Sun Guangkai, Chen Xiucheng, Wang Jie. Detection of drilling-induced delamination in aeronautical composites by noncontact laser ultrasonic method. APPLIED OPTICS, 53(12):2656-2663, APR 20 2014
16. Xu Na, Zhou Zhenggan. Numerical simulation and experiment for inspection of corner-shaped components using ultrasonic phased array. NDT & E INTERNATIONAL, 63:28-34, APR 2014
17. Zhou Zhenggan, Ma Baoquan, Jiang Jingtao, Yu Guang, Liu Kui, Zhang Dongmei, Liu Weiping. Application of wavelet filtering and Barker-coded pulse compression hybrid method to air-coupled ultrasonic testing. NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING AND EVALUATION, 29(4):297-314, 2014
18. Sun Guangkai, Zhou Zhenggan. Application of laser ultrasonic technique for non-contact detection of drilling-induced delamination in aeronautical composite components. OPTIK, 125(14):3608-3611, 2014
19. Sun Guangkai, Zhou, Zhenggan, Chen Xiucheng, Wang Jie. Ultrasonic characterization of delamination in aeronautical composites using noncontact laser generation and detection. APPLIED OPTICS, 52(26):6481-6486, SEP 10 2013